Follow FRENCH FASHIONISTA

MISS FRENCH FASHIONISTA

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

KAROLINA PIECH AUTO-PORTRAIT

PAST FUTURE PRESENT KAROLINA PIECH



How many Collections have you designed?Which was your Favorite?and Why?
I designed three collections. “Severance” is womanswear collection, inspired mostly on Enki Bilal’s futuristic and dark comic – book world, which gave me infinite source of ideas not only for the form, but for the mood, atmosphere and it put my attention into classic men wardrobe . “Primordial” was my first experience with menswear. I was amazed with drawings and projects of the American architect Lebbeus Woods. His graphic line, the way he divides the space, strong  form were the key points for my collection, as well as the contrast between sharp cut of the clothes and soft – still masculine – drapery I’ve decided to introduce. “Viduatus” is my last womenswear collection based strongly on the concept of the widow, Widowhood is combined with the strong character of ‘ Queen Margot’, from Patrice Chereau ’s movie. Her blood stained dress is translated into the ‘Red’ print, her clothes from the époque, became the starting point for the form and volume development. So there’s the emphasis on the narrow waistline and  the shoulder variations, the soft and voluminous drapery versus the strong, sharp cut. The presence of the veils and the color ‘black’ are not only the key reference points; as the collection evolves from its darker, heavier , covered silhouette into the more lighter, sheerer, almost bare silhouette, we are presented with the different stages of the mourning period. Hair is the crucial symbol of the collection. reflected in the vibrant prints as well as in the individual jewelry pieces.


Whats your Favorite Colour/Fabric to work with? and why?
I like the texture and reflection of the fabric, what means that I like to work with matt and shine, interesting surfaces of the fabric, usually in colour black, also white, different gtones of greys, but not always. I don’t limit myself to this colour scheme. I like silk jersey for drapery, looseness and the way it embarces the silhouette. Many times I work with fabrics that allow me to achieve sharp cut and are more constructed, like wools and cottons.

  
What is it about Fashion Designing that gives you Pleasure? 
For me it’s amazing to see your own creations alive, existing, being made. The whole process of arranging the new atmosphere within which my idea becomes complete, new mood, new looks, designs, attitudes – all that and of course the final product, which is the collection give me satisfaction and joy.

What is Your Philosophy about Designing???
Designing comes from inner need. I do it naturally and I don’t have any particular rules imposed. I don’t force anything and I design things I like and find strong, interesting to wear. I suppose that could be my philosophy about designing.



What inspires you to create?or who?
I design and photograph to express myself. One Portuguese writer Fernando Pessoa said – that if he writes what he feels is only to diminish the fever of his emotions. I feel alike. I need to create. I need to comment on what I go through, what I experience, what happened in the past, what was and is important for me. That’s why I am creating.

What kind of Woman do you design for? or Man
I am always interested in what I would like to wear. My designs reflect what I love to wear , what I would like to see on a strong, confident, bit punky woman, who’s clear with her likes and dislikes, decided and determined. Of course all those aspects become more exaggerated in my designs, sometimes they go to the extremes, showing the ‘ideal’ type of woman. The same relates to Man.


 How would you Describe your Own Personal Style? 


Sharp, graphical cut. Contrast. Bit dark, edgy, punky. 


Who would be your Ultimate Client??


 Certainly the person who would wear my designs with confidence, pleasure and sense of awareness.

What is your best Personality Trait?
I am extremely stubborn, for me it’s the best personality trait, because it allows me to keep on. I wouldn’t be where I am now without being so badly stubborn, and that is maybe not so positive for others./
and your worst? I am unforgiving, that is the worst.

What are your Hopes? And Fears??For yourself as a Designer....
I hope that design would be more appreciated as a craft and people would decide to spend money on it, as for a good print or painting, that they would be more confident and brave to wear something else than what we see on the street. I hope people would care more about design, clothes. I am afraid  as a young designer , that with different  limitations I have(financial for example) , I am too fragile to survive in this huge fashion machine, and there must occur many factors and some luck of course for young designer to be able to carry on.

Which Fashion Designer would you Compare Yourself to???and Why???
It is very difficult for me to compare myself to a style of any fashion designer. I guess there are many elements that are very alike but I can’t really judge it myself.

I LOVE...watermelon, music and photography......??
I HATE...frills......??

 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow FRENCH FASHIONISTA

Search This Blog

MISS ENGLISH FASHIONISTA

MISS ENGLISH FASHIONISTA
BLOG #2

MISS HAUTE FASHIONISTA

MISS HAUTE FASHIONISTA
BLOG #3

Thank You

PIECE DE RESISTANCE

  • BALMAIN SUEDE BUCKLE BOOTS
  • GIVENCHY MONGOLIAN FUR WEDGE BOOTS
  • BALENCIAGA 'CLOUS' BAG 2007
  • BALMAIN FUR F/W 2010
  • GIVENCHY STUDDED LEATHER JACKET/AMOUR
  • BALENCIAGA BLACK AND WHITE PERFECTO
  • BALMAIN BLACK MOTORCYCLE JEANS
  • GIVENCHY MELANCHOLIA BAG
  • BALENCIAGA FUR TRIMMED COAT F/W 2005
  • BALMAIN MATELASSE LEATHER JACKET
  • BALENCIAGA 'THE FIRST' HANDBAG
  • GIVENCHY STUDDED GEORGES V BAG
  • BALMAIN CHAIN LEATHER JACKET
Powered by Blogger.

FRENCH FASHIONISTA


Oh LA LA

FRENCH FASHIONISTA

My photo
WHERE YOU"LL FIND ME**** IN PARIS>>IN THE HOTEL COSTES >>ON THE DEEP PURPLE VELVET LOUNGER >> SIPPING PINK DUVAL-LEROY*** RUE ST-HONORE***

SHARE

eXTReMe Tracker

Fashion Indie: Daily News 3